I grew up in China and have lived in the United States for many years. This exposed me to both Eastern and Western systems of medicines and healthcare. I saw their completely different cultural and philosophical approaches to health.
I have always been very health conscious. I want to do the best for my body. Soon after I came to the U.S., one of the most advanced countries in the world, I learned about the Western standard of nutrition and changed my diet accordingly:
- Learned about the nutritional values of different foods
- Checked food labels for nutrition and ingredients
- Ate a lot of fruit and green salads
- Carefully controlled my calorie intake
- Took nutritional supplements faithfully
I also exercised frequently to stay physically active – aerobics, jogging, machines, volleyball, swimming, dancing, etc.